Hunters’ paradise by silamstar

"What did I do to be so lucky?"

2-dollar-mail.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

I am not a hunter for animals, I do not support killing animals for body parts. I only hunt for collectibles.

Monday, February 22, 2010

With and without 'stop'

Won a single lot of "With and without 'stop' after Due" mint stamps from a well-known American Jewish seller from eBay. When I received the stamps, I thought I saw the 'stop' on the second stamp, the 'stop' is on higher than normal position. Please click on the picture to have a better view. Was it supposed to be 'raised stop' or no 'stop' ? I'll appreciate comments on this.

From our regular Saturday night 'yam-cha', I heard that Jellyfish had won 3 lots of China Red Revenue stamps from a Hong Kong auction before the Chinese New Year, at a price that I could not earn in my life time. Unfortunately he did not show me the stamps during our last 'yam-cha' session. Could not blame him, I would have kept them in the safe with 3 guard dogs tie to it, if those were mine :)

Also heard that nbpostcard introduced a friend to bid on North Borneo post cards at eBay and now the post cards and covers collectors are facing a strong challenger. Could not get a confirmation from nbpostcard, he is on holiday in China. bury1883 phone to tell me about the situation last night and I gave him this unconfirmed news. God bless them all ! I'm blessed, I only collect used stamps for post marks :)

Happy New Year everyone, it's not over yet !

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great find! Well done!

12:08 PM  
Blogger silamstar said...

Not sure if this is variety but it's interesting :) Hope to hear more comment on this.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why on earth have you thought fit to comment that the seller was Jewish? How is it relevant? Or are you an anti-semite?

6:41 PM  
Blogger silamstar said...

I am not a racist, if anyone feels offended when I him/her Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Malaysian or Jewish or other race, then I apology for it.
Many of us bought from the same reputable seller many times and he visited us here a few times too, my intention was to let those who know him that the stamp was from him, no other intention. I have bought from him many times and will continue to buy any suitable stamp from him again, without disrespect.
Anyone trying to create racial problem is not welcome in this blog ! So please do not accuse me.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Hit Counters
Free Counters