Hunters’ paradise by silamstar

"What did I do to be so lucky?"

2-dollar-mail.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

I am not a hunter for animals, I do not support killing animals for body parts. I only hunt for collectibles.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rare KUDAT post mark ???

This looks like the Kudat D2 with 2 digit year but A mm/dd/yy instead of the normal A dd/mm/yy format. So far I have only collected 2 of this and looks like both used in February 1895. Info from gantianexpress : he saw them used on Coat of Arm and the 1894 issues only and very few seen. Will appreciate more information on this post mark, especially from those 'Tawau' expert like bury1883 and sstawao.


I did not attend the last Saturday night 'yim-cha' session, so I must have missed a lot of gossip :) But the latest I have from bury1883 was the high realized price North Borneo used lot , which also appears on a blog written by a KK collector : North Borneo Stamps A recommended site , though the dark back ground makes it a bit difficult for a 'lau-chai' like me to read. I don't know the blog owner's eBay ID but he is an eBayer, promised to join our 'yim-cha' session when in town. Looking forward to meet our newcomer.


2 Comments:

Blogger Marcel said...

Very nice postmarks Silamstar! Pity I don't have the blue Kudat postmark as yet, although I have several of the black ones! :)
It's amazing to learn that your 'yam-cha' sessions have been going on for 10 years, and I'm sure it must be a great nice gathering, which I'm looking forward to join! Can't wait to get back to KK soon!

12:21 AM  
Blogger silamstar said...

There is 'greenish-blue' pmk from Kudat even more beautiful but rare.

You know lah, we Sabahan speak English, manderine,hakka, cantonese during our 'yam-cha' session. Sometimes, one or two even talk coins & banknotes. It's a great little social gathering to widen our scope & meet with friends :)

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Hit Counters
Free Counters