Hunters’ paradise by silamstar

"What did I do to be so lucky?"

2-dollar-mail.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

I am not a hunter for animals, I do not support killing animals for body parts. I only hunt for collectibles.

Friday, August 11, 2006

North Borneo Imperial Airways Censor Cover

Nice cover won by g-matang last month, hi CH I must come to see your collection in October. Hope you would let me scan some of them for my record :)

I have recently obtained a few 'Indonesia Confrontation' covers sent from Brunei, Singapore may be also from Sarawak, need to do some study to confirm it.

I see a North Borneo 1939 2 cent postage due used stamp currently on sale at ebay auction, having doubt about the postmark. Good luck to the current high bidder, sabahman, hope none of my friends from Sabah will be going for it. Will show the stamp on my next posting for your expert judgement.

The issue of 'mail lost' seems to continue and my friends are frustrated, hope serilabuk, chephe will make some comment or update the other frustrated Malaysian collectors with their latest information. May be they will ask for a service fee : Pre-1945 North Borneo cover or RM100.00 in cash :) If they do, I'd suggest that the payer to send the cover via email and cash by fax. Hahaha !




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paid very unwise price for that one.Got carried away! And for that reason I decided not to attend the SPINK Singapore 1 July2006 Auction. You are certainly very welcome to visit me in Singapore. Give me advance notice, as I do go back to Kuching quite often, about twice a month. eBay prices for materials from our territories are going up. Not too sure if that's a good thing or not. Happy hunting. g-matang

9:29 PM  
Blogger silamstar said...

Don't worry CH, we always say that after we've paid for an expensive item, but it'll forgotten very quickly :) gantianexpress said in April that he was not going to bid for anything until 2007, then ? We're all addicted, it's hard hard not to bid.

Will email you my Singapore phone no once I have confirmed the trip.

Happy sniping !

silamstar

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Hit Counters
Free Counters