Hunters’ paradise by silamstar

"What did I do to be so lucky?"

2-dollar-mail.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

I am not a hunter for animals, I do not support killing animals for body parts. I only hunt for collectibles.

Sunday, December 05, 2010

North Borneo 'Odd-ball'

'Kudat109' brought me a ‘steak & kidney pie’ from England yesterday which I had for breakfast this morning. The long forgotten taste came back to me. Thank you, 'Kudat109' !


‘gantianexpress’ complaint that I have not written for too long. So, I show you an ‘odd-ball’ I exchanged with a friend when I was a kid, whose father worked in the post office from pre- to post WWII. This was one of the goodies I got from him. Unfortunately he became smarter as he grew :) I believe it was the sheet number that printed on the stamp. Any other opinion will be most welcome.


I will be out of town for a few weeks, before the new ‘Axis of Power’ starts WWIII from Asia. Meanwhile, I’m exchanging US$ for North Borneo CTO, at least no more CTO may be printed at will anymore :)


Merry Christmas !!!






5 Comments:

Blogger Marcel said...

That's a very interesting error. But why or how would the sheet number landed on the stamp? Printing jam? Wrong positioning?

P/s: We don't want the war to happen because that will affect the economy, which subsequently affect the stamps market in general. Or would it make stamps sell cheaper? :)

7:51 AM  
Blogger silamstar said...

Don't know how it got printed on the stamp, it has puzzled me for decades :) Hoping someone can enlighten me.

No normal person wants war, but some would want it for other motives. It'll affect the economy for sure but to some, may be to the +ve side by selling weapons ? How else to double the export in a short period other than selling to China ? This is not the first time and won't be the last.

Don't know how the stamp market would be if it happens, but heard stories about Jews got through the Nazi with stamps instead of gold & others and found their new lives elsewhere, starting with selling off their valuable stamps :)

May be a new opportunity to collect the new round of 'Japanese Occupation' ? :)

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steak and kidney pie! I can well understand your craving. I recall a fellow student from Uganda. As a vegetarian, he was brought up on steamed bananas. He swore by it until I introduced him to the humble pie and he became addicted to it! g-matang

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you are so right. The pies are simply delicious. Brings back fond memories of my misspent youth playing pools and eating Steak and Kidney pies with a pint of lager in the games-room. A big thank you Kudat109, for thinking of us while in UK. Bring back some pickled eggs and some pork scratching too next time.
Gantian Express

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would think that when there is a full scale war going on in this part of the world, the stock market will crash first, followed by the currency market. When that happens, people will probably go for an alternative investment called stamps. However, when stamps are destroyed in war, it becomes scarcer, and therefore drive prices uo.
Gantian Express

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Hit Counters
Free Counters