Hunters’ paradise by silamstar

"What did I do to be so lucky?"

2-dollar-mail.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

I am not a hunter for animals, I do not support killing animals for body parts. I only hunt for collectibles.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

North Borneo 1939 issue

Had a 'yim cha' session last night with the newly arrived UK seller, gantianexpess & chephe. The subject of the above 1939 issue was brought up because the $5 mounted mint closed at ebay at very high price yesterday. I always consider this a 'worth keeping' set. Excluding the 'WAR TAX' overprint, the complete set had been over printed 4 times, (Japanese occupation twice, BMA & Royal Cypher) how many of the original 'un-overprinted' set do you think will remain ?

North Borneo stamps are selling like hot cakes, including CTO that makes my collection of CDS used very expensive and difficult. May be forced to go into other areas until the 'hot wave' passed, if it ever will :) I've been saying this for years and still cannot resistputting in a bid when I see a 'good one' :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i saw that too - in fact i was tracking it until it shot to a price way over my valuation. in relation to ur mention of ur NZ trip next year, i am heading there in 2 weeks - perhaps i'll let u know where to go!

5:17 PM  
Blogger silamstar said...

Thanks in advance,chauz85. Noted that you're now a seller and offer a 1st class refund policy, be careful though, there're still a lot of crooks in this world. Have a nice trip.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Term paper said...

I am bookmarking your post. Keep posting good stuff dude!

6:33 PM  
Blogger silamstar said...

Hi Term paper, thanks for watching. I always appreciate comments on my writings, good or bad, right or wrong. Now eBay does not show the bidders' names, I have less to write about :) Will try to write when I get something interesting from eBay biddings.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Hit Counters
Free Counters